G’s Cheese, Leek & Crab Toastie
Okay, you may think this is a weird combination but trust me… it bangs. I love to add kimchi to my toastie also, but if you’re not a fan – I totally get it.
For this recipe, I use a toastie maker but we can find other ways around this.
To Make 2 delicious toasties, you will need:
- 4 Slices of Your Favourite Sourdough Bread (I used wholemeal)
- 2 medium Leek finely sliced, trimmed (white and pale green part only), washed and finely sliced
- 25g butter with some extra for buttering the bread.
- 100g White Crab Meat (I used the Seafood & Eat It White Crab, you can find this in Waitrose)
- 180g Kimchi (optional)
- 2tbsp Mayonnaise (I go siracha for that extra spice, but this is totally optional)
- 100g Cheddar Cheese (or any cheese of your choice!)
If you are using your toastie maker, please turn it on and get it toasty!
Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. Once bubbling add the leeks and then turn down the heat to low-medium, sweat gently and stir often for about ten minutes or so until soft and slightly translucent.
*Please note if you like your leek crispy, absolutely go for it (I do this from time to time)
Mix the white crab meat with the mayonnaise and set aside.
Generously butter each side of the sourdough bread. Pile the crab mayonnaise on one of slices of bread, followed by the leeks and then the cheese. Place the other slice on top.
If you are using your toastie maker, please place in here for 3 minutes on each side or until golden/ personal toastie preference.
If not, we can use a large skillet or frying pan here. Heat this over a medium heat. Once hot, place the toasties in the pan and weigh down with another heavy pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and then repeat on the other side until cheese is melted.
Remove from heat, cut in half, plate up and enjoy ☺